दोन प्रकारची माणसं शांत झोपतात. एक ज्यांना स्वप्नच पडत नाहीत अन एक ज्यांची स्वप्नं पूर्ण होतात. माझ्यासारखे काही अर्धवट झोपेत, उठ्ल्या क्षणाला रागात जागे होत, स्वप्नांची भुतं मानगुटीवर नेतात. कधी वाटतं स्वप्नांना आयुष्य आहे. कधी वाटतं आयुष्य हेच स्वप्न आहे! जाग यावी,निसटून जावं.

Friday, December 25, 2009

A new end….

I love the year end so much….from Christmas to my birthday…its celebrations everywhere…I was actually supposed to make my entry on stage on 31st dec 1986…but I loved dawdling even then I guess…

After very many years…umm six actually…I m having exams around my birthday…
And I am not loving it…

I am a birthday freak…I mean right from my first birthday…yeah I remember the gorgeous cake…I have always had splendid birthday parties…courtesy mom n dad…but my 18th birthday was superlative ..because then on I have had 3 bashes every year…one plus, courtesy my college cronies…

If u haven’t celebrated your birthday at 12 am sharp in the hostel…amid screams, chaos, smeared cake faced buddies tossing you in the air…your wind pipe choked with all the cream…gleam and emotion…ahh…don’t count your years…you are yet to feel alive…



Gosh…how enthusiastically…they ll act funny that eve… ignore you…and manage to scare you till 11.59 pm every year…while you hold your breath and enter your own room…until you here that deafening roar…”suuurrrrprrriiiiiiiiiiizzzzzzeeeeee”……

Ahh.. that feeling of being “Wanted” is just out of the world pleasant…

There are so many stories about this 11.59 pm, “scared to death”, moments I have had…
Last year I was at Dad’s place…and I had brought a pastry just in case…(I always do…I have this obsession about cutting cake at 12 am…as if the world ll come to end if I don’t…may be it will…who knows…well… you see… its not worth taking a risk, a huge favor to mankind indeed…)
..So I kept tossing in bed till 11.50…my bro was much into his NREM sleep…he talks !
and by 11.55.. I was so awake and sure…I even heard the background score….
A fine blend of “Fighting crime..” and “Capt planet…”

So not really sure of what would I be facing… MoJo -JoJo….radioactive waste or the usual birthday blues…I had it my way…and my dad loves to tell that story…
He even has that footage where I sing “happy birthday to me”…
yeah yeah….of course its pathetic…

They all love it…my friends especially…they do it year after year…waiting and watching…until I panic and go on to take out my spare cake(!!)….swallow the anxiety…ready to blow the fancy candle…and Dhaadaaam ZZZZ…
They come to rescue me or may be they are just very eco-friendly!!
And then I pose with the usual embarrassment blush at 12.01 sharp…
wat a cheesy moment !

But then everyone gets plenty of cake…so it’s a happy ending!

On the other hand I don’t worry about Christmas at all…..I go out n buy a nice cake and share it with hostel buddies…
New year’s eve is hardly an issue…coz I have had the best and the worst ones…as long as its extreme…no problem..

JJ hostel is very silent, when it comes to birthdays….and that’s my only worry this year…
My college buddy is in campus, my best friend is in India…Mom s home…and I have reminded every single friend in my own special pathetic way…and they all are planning usual sweet surprises for me…
Still the sky is pretty blue…

But I must tell you...this is a very special birthday…I have been 60 yr old for most of my life…but this year I feel like the youngest 23 yr old on the planet !
This has been a splendid year…coming back to Mumbai…Cleaning off all the DHOOL from past 5 yrs…being optimistic about future…passionate about life, love, music, medicine and poetry….being in Alps…first snowfall…and lot of firsts…missing friends, seniors, juniors, campus, terrace, hangouts …finding new ones…entering the big pool of competition… realizing what matters to me…and that I love my work…breaking free from all emotional liabilities…absolute independence…working as a doc…saving lives...my very first stipend…a close encounter with politics…new books, new movies, sharing my songs and poetry with the world….
And last but not the least… polluting the Blogosphere….

Ain nobody gonna rescue you from my cheerful infectious wishes…as they slowly penetrate your mind…feeling dizzy already?…hurry.. go grab a nice chocolate tart…
Crispy and sweet…wishing you caramelizing…delicious… splendid holidays :)



2 comments:

  1. what abt birthday bumps? did the LH have them? and have u ever cut alphonso mangoes on the hostel terrace on ur bday bcos no one bought a cake? even a spare one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, and thank god, coz the place was full of heavy wt champs, i m sure u ll agree :)
    Mangoes? lol :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...