दोन प्रकारची माणसं शांत झोपतात. एक ज्यांना स्वप्नच पडत नाहीत अन एक ज्यांची स्वप्नं पूर्ण होतात. माझ्यासारखे काही अर्धवट झोपेत, उठ्ल्या क्षणाला रागात जागे होत, स्वप्नांची भुतं मानगुटीवर नेतात. कधी वाटतं स्वप्नांना आयुष्य आहे. कधी वाटतं आयुष्य हेच स्वप्न आहे! जाग यावी,निसटून जावं.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

he is just not that into you...

Every romantic movie seen..every love story read adds more shades to the fairy tale we girls keep drafting and editing…and drafting and editing….

overshooting the age limit…

the dream guy..the proposal…the dreamier fairy tale ending….somehow these juvenile delusions persist….


Proposals…yeah sure…seen so many.. heard…read..had…and some of them were actually imaginative, but somehow I have never been awestruck or clean bowled rather… in reality, it would take a cerebral concussion for me to say ‘yes’ to him and ‘oops’ to myself later, that is, if I survive the trauma, emotional or actual..


But that’s no reason to imagine that a dream proposal for me would be, a Brett lee full toss, Saurav Ganguly (miss)placing a shot, hitting my skull instead of boundary, walking up to me and saying “hey beautiful, you alright, good..will you marry me?”


Besides we all know how a full toss for Ganguly ends…ahem..Yeah yeah… in the hands of wicket keeper..Mostly, if not always..(I still love you dada, no matter what)


Proposal…yeah, we all want the ‘top of the world’, ‘baby you’re the only one’, ‘ever after’ hamper decorated with essence of surprise , love, adventure,..and has to be exclusive and expensive !!!


Yet for all these years, for me, it was…

’an original poem on the back of a bus ticket’


Simple? You bet…I won’t lie…sometimes there was a poem, at times it was original but then not a poem, and most of the times, all I got was a bus ticket…wait…or was it a tissue paper, no no… Could have as well been a hanky, news paper, pamphlet, restaurant (unpaid !) bill…how does it matter :)


Relationships can end in most unexpected ways…

Anyways…never been able to equate time place and person, so as to draw the right conclusion.. And more dimensions add to my confusion, last time I checked with string theory people, there were 11 already…


Yet a cosmic shock..

A dream proposal …


It was perfect beyond my imagination..

Who would have thought it would be a Harrison Ford movie..


A classic airport reunion..duh...


but the words too magical…


“I think my life is too simple…and I want to complicate the hell out of it”


I agree that’s not a question..But a good enough reason in anticipation of a “let’s do it!”


I loved it…consciously…its perfect…appealing…


I am so good at complicating life anyways…hell perfect :)


Yeah I know what you’re thinking…hmm…


Those novels and flicks have done a pretty mess up there...time to wake up…but it’s like..

let me have just one more day, o let me believe in angels, and happy endings… just a day more… and not care if that ‘everyday’ has the same everyday ending….

sweet tooth and sore heart …

2 comments:

  1. you are becoming incredible....

    BTW the proposal made my heart skip few beats (juss joking)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...